Hanyang University’s holistic admission process is about more than just admitting a group of students who have the potential to succeed academically. It’s about selecting students who will add to the overall Hanyang University community.
Undergraduate Admission Requirements
To be considered for admission to Hanyang University, you must submit the Common Application as well as other required items.
Admission decisions aren’t based on any single factor. School of Intelligence at Hanyang University reviews applicants holistically to enroll a diverse and dynamic class of students each year. An important note to consider the School for your study is that all the courses are 100% delivered in English and many of them are Problem-based learning, so a minimum requirement of English proficiency and self-motivated study are to be presented.
Undergraduate International Students
We welcome students with different backgrounds and perspectives into our learning community. Approximately 15.4 percent of Hanyang University’s undergraduate student body and 11 percent of first-year students are the international students.
Each year, School of Intelligence admits a small number of transfer students, where space permits. The policy for transferring varies from college to college within Hanyang University.
Postgraduate Admission Requirements
To be considered for admission to Imagine x Lab (the single research lab for all graduate students at School of Intelligence) at Hanyang University, you must submit the Common Application as well as other required items.
To initially filter your eligibilities, the following qualifications are generally required:
An undergraduate degree in relevant disciplines for a master degree
A master degree in relevant disciplines for a Ph.D
- Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electronical Computer Engineering and other probabilistic /numerical analysis specialities
- Cognitive Psychology, Neurosciences, Cognitive architecutre, Cognitive modelling, Knowledge representation, Inferences & reasoning, (Behavioral) Economics, and other cognition research experiences
- Human-Computer Interaction, Human-Robot Interaction, Human-AI Interaction, Virtual Reality and other behavioral studies
- Design sciences
TOEFL or IELTS scores (common for master & Ph.D)
- These scores are required of all international and Korean students whose native language is not English. If your native language is not English but you attended an English-speaking institution for your undergraduate degree, please check with School of Intelligence to determine if you will need to take the TOEFL or IELTS exam.
- We require the TOEFL or IELTS from all non-native English speakers. School of Intelligence requires a TOEFL score of 90 or better on the IBT TOEFL or an IELTS score of 6.0 or better. Sub-scores are also carefully reviewed, with consideration given to those with sub-scores of 20 or higher on the TOEFL or 6.0 or higher on the IELTS.
- In a special circumstance, English requirements can be replaced by the master thesis written in English or the number of English-taught courses.
- There is a two-step selection process, beginning by taking a few online memory and logic tests, which are intended to evaluate an individual’s capacity to learn computer programming. After this there is a second selection which is an intensive programming session in PYTHON which takes place over a period of two days.
Postgraduate Programs at Imagine x Lab
School of Intelligence has a single research lab called Imagine x Lab to intentionally foster wider interdisciplinarity. Depending on the student’s interests, specialities, and participating research/industry projects, three degree programmes.
Master / PhD in Artificial Intelligence (sub specie, Computing)
Master / PhD in Artificial Intelligence (sub specie, Cognitive Psychology)
Master / PhD in Artificial Intelligence (sub specie, Arts Technology, Human-Computer Interaction)